Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Teaser Tuesday: Echo of Danger by Marta Perry

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser (from 10% in the eARC):
Kevin's injury had been bad enough, but at least it had looked like an accident. But the woman -- that had been deliberate. He was no expert, but he'd be surprised if anyone could have survived that blow to the head. What on earth was going on in this supposedly peaceful small town?
This week I am reading Echo of Danger by Marta Perry from my review stack. Here is a description from Amazon for this Romantic Suspense title:
In peaceful Pennsylvania Dutch country, a young mother discovers a shocking danger—and an unexpected ally 

A whisper of a threat looms over widow Deidre Morris. She and her young son have unwittingly become prisoners of her intimidating father-in-law's power. One wrong step could find her son torn from her and in the hands of the influential judge. But when Deidre collides with an intriguing stranger, the prospect of a new friendship gives her renewed hope…until a devastating murder rocks the quiet community of Echo Falls and Deidre learns first impressions can't be trusted.

Attorney Jase Glassman's assignment is straightforward: befriend Deidre, gather incriminating evidence…and allow her dogged father-in-law to take custody of her child. Anything else, including losing himself in her honest charm, will compromise the job he was hired to do. Yet when a murderer ushers danger into the town, Jase's only instinct is to protect Deidre and her son—no matter the sacrifice.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds creepy!! Small town murder mysteries are always so intriguing!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me think of that saying, "things like this don't happen here." Love that cover and sounds like just the book for me.

    My TT from Dumpster Dying

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like trouble has definitely come to town! I think I might like this one. I will have to look for it. Thank you for sharing, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!