Friday, September 23, 2016

Friday Memes: Home by Harlan Coben

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
The boy who had been missing for ten years stepped into the light.
Friday 56:
They slip back into Italian, which is fine with me. I don't speak tech-ese anyway.
This week I am reading Home by Harlan Coben. I got this one for review from Dutton. Here is the description from Amazon:
Ten years after the high-profile kidnapping of two young boys, only one returns home in Harlan Coben’s gripping thriller.

A decade ago, kidnappers grabbed two boys from wealthy families and demanded ransom, then went silent. No trace of the boys ever surfaced. For ten years their families have been left with nothing but painful memories and a quiet desperation for the day that has finally, miraculously arrived: Myron Bolitar and his friend Win believe they have located one of the boys, now a teenager. Where has he been for ten years, and what does he know about the day, more than half a life ago, when he was taken? And most critically: What can he tell Myron and Win about the fate of his missing friend? Drawing on his singular talent, Harlan Coben delivers an explosive and deeply moving thriller about friendship, family, and the meaning of home.

9 comments:

  1. Harlan Coben is one of my all time favourites. and I haven't read one for ages. This sounds like a goodie. Thanks for sharing. My Friday Book is Beneath the Surface by Jo Spain. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds like a book I'd enjoy. I haven't read Coben in ages. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “I AM NO ONE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Grabbed me instantly!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love his books and this is already on my Must read list!

    My Friday 56 from Curse Of The Boggin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried Coben in the past, but I couldn't get into it. This one though sounds good.

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have to read a Harlan Coban, but I know there are a few at our book club. Have book club on Monday so maybe I'll just grab one! This one sounds awesome. Happy weekend Kathy and here's my Friday Meets: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2016/09/friday-meets-23-september-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an intense sounding book. Just from the description and the beginning I want to know more. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!