Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Book Review: Boundary Lines by Melissa F. Olson

Boundary Lines
Author: Melissa F. Olson
Series: Boundary Magic (Book 2)
Publication: 47North (October 13, 2015)

Description: Fitting into the Old World isn’t going very well for Boulder boundary witch Allison “Lex” Luther: she may have earned a place in a vampire’s service, but now it seems as if every supernatural creature in town has found a reason to hate her. And when Lex and her partner are assigned to investigate the suspicious disappearance of two vampires during the night of the full moon, they find themselves with more questions than answers.

Was it murder…or mutiny?

The crusade for answers will lead Lex all over the Colorado Old World, from a prison cell for a broken werewolf to a haunted Denver brothel. And when Lex determines the responsible party, the hunt is just beginning: something has been awakened in Boulder, something as old and powerful as it is terrifying. Only the woman with death in her blood can stop what’s coming.

My Thoughts: This second book starring "Lex" Luther who is a new boundary witch. Boundary witches are the bad guys of the witch world because of their control over life. Lex has sworn an oath to serve the vampire boss of the area because she has agreed to protect Lex's niece who is a Null and of great interest to the various people into the Old World. This really isn't helping her relationship with the witches who have an uneasy truce with vampires.

The problem in this one has to do with unrest between the vampires, the witches and the werewolves. Something is affecting their magic. Maven, the vampire boss, is trying to solidify her position after killing the previous boss. She sends Lex and her vampire enforcer and Lex's love interest Quinn to investigate the disappearance of two vampires who were monitoring werewolf activities.

I liked this story because we find out more about Old World politics as Lex does. I also like that Lex is single-minded in her desire to keep her dead twin's daughter safe. The cryptid monster was intriguing too.

Favorite Quote:
Quinn nodded as if that was particularly significant, and I raised my eyebrows at him. "Travis has ... had ... expensive tastes," he explained. "Burberry, Saint Laurent, Dior Homme, that kind of thing."

I gave him a slow blink. "I have heard one of those words before."
I bought this one. You can buy your copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!