Monday, May 9, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (May 9, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

Other than a little medication drama, this was a quiet week. It is hard to get a prescription renewed when your doctor is out of the country! I got my refill with three days to spare but worried for a week that I was going to run out of medicine. Since it was for my Crohn's disease which is exacerbated by stress, it wasn't a very fun few days. I'm really glad that I usually have a two week supply of medicine when I try to refill.

The weather is improving though and the trees are finally leafing out. Yesterday the air conditioning ran at my house. The weekend is looking a little cooler but still very pleasant.

This week has the final day that I will be evicted from my Media Center for testing. Then it should be smooth sailing until the end of the school year. Smooth at least if you don't mind rearranging calendars. There are music programs, field trips, track and field days and other disruptions but they aren't bad to work around when the end of the year is in sight.

Read Last Week
To Love a Wolf by Paige Tyler was a fun paranormal romantic suspense title in the SWAT: Special Wolf Alpha Team series. My review will be posted on June 4.

Written Off by E. J. Copperman was a cozy mystery starring a writer and her imaginary character who turns out not to be very imaginary. It was a fun mystery. I really liked the author who was all kinds of snarky. My review will be posted on June 8.

Currently
I am currently reading Magic & Manners by C. E. Murphy which is subtitled an Austen Chronicle. While it is a little wordy for my taste (which is why I don't read Jane Austen), it is also filled with sly comments within the prose. I am a big fan of Regency fiction with infusions of magic which this one has.

Next Week
I have dug The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig from the depths of TBR mountain. I bought the next four in the series after reading The Secret History of the Pink Carnation in 2011 but never got around to reading them.

I am also planning to read Boundary Lines by Melissa F. Olson. I bought it after reading Boundary Crossed last May and need to read it before I read the third book Boundary Born which is on my review stack.

Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
I got City of the Lost by Kelley Armstrong.

State of TBR Mountain
  • New in May: 11
  • Unread May: 11
  • New in 2016: 136
  • Unread 2016: 82
  • Total Unread: 1934
  • Total Review: 24
To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

1 comment:

  1. Niiice! Some new to me ones there! Hope you have a great week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!