Friday, February 26, 2016

Friday Memes: Just This Night by Mari Madison

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning (from Mac's point of view):
"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!"

I jerked up in bed, swinging around, my feet hitting the floorboards before my mind had a chance to process the movement. For a split second, fighting the fog of deep sleep, I didn't know where I was. What time it was. Why I was here.
Friday 56 (from Beth's point of view):
"Let's just say the Road Runner's got nothing on this guy." Elbows propped on the table, I cupped my chin in my hands and sighed deeply. " I woke up and he was gone. He left a note, but no phone number. No email. Hell, I'm half-convinced he wiped away his fingerprints before making his exit, just to make sure I wouldn't be able to track him down."
This week I am spotlighting Just This Night by Mari Madison. I got this ARC from Mari Mancusi's assistant who was looking for people to read her return to romance. I have some of her books on my YA TBR mountain and thought I'd get a taste of her writing style. Here is the description from Amazon:
At News 9 San Diego, the hottest stories happen off camera. 

Betrayed and abandoned by his wife and left to raise their young daughter on his own, TV news photographer Jake "Mac" MacDonald has moved to San Diego for a fresh start. He’s sworn off women forever and devoted his life to his little girl. But when his brother-in-law drags him out to a night club, Mac can’t help but be drawn to the cute blonde who asks him to dance. Maybe he can make an exception...for just one night.

A hot fling is exactly what news reporter Elizabeth White had in mind when she brought Mac home. A quick cure to help her get over her ex-boyfriend. But things get awkward when her anonymous hookup turns out to be her newest colleague. Now they must put their attraction behind them and find a way to work together. But when someone starts sabotaging Beth’s career, she realizes Mac is the only one she can trust. And maybe their one night has the makings of an exclusive after all.

12 comments:

  1. Interesting read! The San Diego News 9 sure got my attention since I live in San Diego County and I watch Channel 10 news. Hope you enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like a nice romp of a read now and then. I like the sound of the extra twists...and the hint of sabotage. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not heard of that one, hope you enjoy it!

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like the kind of book I love. I like the fact that a man is raising his daughter alone instead of vice versa.
    My Friday post features WATERCOLORS IN THE RAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked both the beginning and the 56 - the blurb is pretty interesting for a contemporary romance too - hope you enjoy it:) Thanks for visiting my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to laugh at the road runner reference, even though that was no laughing matter. Sounds like a good read.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds very interesting, I only knew the writer as an YA novelist, interesting !
    Thanks for visiting my blog and have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why am I laughing? Sorry, the "exclusive romance" sounds funny to me :) Here's mine: http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.ca/2016/02/friday56-bookbeginnings-zero-k.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds fun!

    Thanks for sharing your post on BBOF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not really my go to genre, but I hope you like it! :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!