Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday Memes: Sweet and Deadly by Charlaine Harris

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
She passed a dead dog on her way to the tenant shack.
Friday 56:
I've been working on it, she thought defensively.

The terrible jolts of the day before had shown her how far she had come and how far she had to go.
This week I am spotlighting Sweet and Deadly by Charlaine Harris. This one has been sitting on TBR mountain since I bought it on Feb. 28, 2007. It is her first book which she wrote in 1981. Here is the description from Amazon:
Now best known for her New York Times bestselling Sookie Stackhouse novels, Charlaine Harris hit "a home run the first time out" (Birmingham News) with the story of a murder that embroils a small-town reporter in mystery that hits close to home...

Catherine Linton has returned to her hometown of Lowfield, Mississippi, unconvinced that the death of her parents in a car crash six months earlier was an accident. And her suspicions are confirmed when she stumbles upon the dead and beaten body of her doctor-father's longtime nurse. There are secrets being kept in Lowfield. And the town where Catherine grew up may be the same place where she is sent to her grave...

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, those are two teasers that definitely grab your attention straightaway! Have you read the Stackhouse novels? And I totally recognize having books on your TBR pile that have been there for years! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great week!
    My Friday Post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Charlaine Harris books. I haven't read this one yet but I do have it on my tbr list. How are you enjoying it? Sounds like an interesting book. I hope you enjoy your book. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a great week and happy reading. My FBB & F56

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read this one ! Loved her other books and eager to see where she goes with this, and I enjoy a southern setting.

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2016/01/22/the-friday-56-93-the-wolf-gift/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually like the sound of this one more than the Sookie Stackhouse books. Thanks for sharing...great cover, too.

    Here's mine: “THE GOOD LIAR”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not read this series but it looks interesting. :)

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  6. That opening is definitely filled with foreboding! I like the Mississippi setting too. Sounds good.
    My Friday post features THE LIGHT OF HIDDEN FLOWERS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That beginning is heartbreaking.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed the Sookie novels to a point - I don't think the last couple of books were as good as the ones in the beginning - I have not tried Ms. Harris other books but this one sounds like one I would enjoy so this is a great choice:) Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!