Friday, December 11, 2015

Friday Memes: Once Shadows Fall by Robert Daniels

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Luck: hard to plan for it, impossible to predict when it might show up. Driving through the town of Jordan in search of a suitable subject for her class assignment, twenty-year-old Melissa Harris was almost ready to concede her luck had run out.
Friday 56:
Max Blaylock said, "Detective Pappas tells me you handled the original investigation."

"I did."

"It's pretty obvious we've got a copycat," Blaylock said.

Jack didn't respond to that directly. "I understand you recovered blood samples from the ladder and tunnel."
This week I am spotlighting Once Shadows Fall by Robert Daniels. This is the author's, a retired clinical psychologist, first book. Here is the description from Amazon:
After years of paying her dues on the force, Beth Sturgis has earned her place as a detective for the Robbery-Homicide division of the Atlanta PD. Now, she's heading up a major manhunt for a potential serial killer who’s working his way inward from the outskirts of the city. The copycat elements in the first crime scene lead Sturgis to retired FBI agent Jack Kale, who was responsible for apprehending and nearly killing the murderer known as the Scarecrow, the same Scarecrow who appears to be this new killer's terrible inspiration.

A reclusive single father and university professor, Kale is trying to keep the demons at bay through therapy and avoidance. That is, until Sturgis shows up asking for his help. Against his better judgment, Kale is drawn into the most dangerous cat and mouse game of his life. Robert Daniels's Once Shadows Fall, is a gripping thriller in the bestselling tradition of Silence of the Lambs and is sure to become a crime fiction classic.

15 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Sounds very good. I'll have to check this one out. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this kind of story....and I am fascinated by the characters and their backgrounds. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “FOREVER, INTERRUPTED”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a chilling story that I'd enjoy. I like the dialogue and the fact that Jack didn't respond.
    My Friday post features FEVER SEASON.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice opening. I love a good thriller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an author I've never read before, but I like the sound of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good, I hope you enjoy it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds too intense for me (seeing similar to Silence of the Lamb turned me off). I hope you are enjoying it. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy. I love these kind of stories. The story lines never get old. There's always new characters to meet and dastardly villains to hunt.

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/12/11/the-friday-56-88-somewhere-only-we-know/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I like Jack already, not showing his cards right away. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw the same surname in another post... weird.
    Sounds like good reading though! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought the beginning and 56 were really good and love the sound of this book - adding it to my growing list! Thanks for visiting my Friday post earlier

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good choice! This sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds good! Blaylock is actually a last name that features in my book for this week, Gideon. Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds really good! I love a good police procedural/thriller and am always looking for new ones. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great choice. Sounds like one I would enjoy. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    sherry @ fundinmental My Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!